A family is like a team. Each member impacts all the others. When one family member struggles with personal issues, the entire family is affected. When some family members don’t get along, the entire team feels it. When every family member feels loved, respected and connected, the family is a support network that helps each other through all life’s challenges.
There are times when families benefit from a caring and supportive environment where all members feel safe to voice their thoughts and feelings as they face difficult issues.
I can help the members of your family manage the stresses in your lives and reconcile struggling relationships. My family-centred approach is instrumental in helping families resolve conflicts and improve the relationship between parent and child and the family as a whole.
I help families resolve such issues as:
- Working through disputes and conflicts
- Improving family dynamics
- Strengthening relationships between family members
- Improving communication skills
- Adjusting to changes in the family life cycle
- Developing positive parenting styles
- Parenting children and adolescents
- Adjusting to separation and divorce
- Blending families
- Helping children accept adoption
- Coping with serious illness or death of a loved one
- Living with a family member that has mental health issues
- Caring for aging parents