Being a young adult can be stressful. You are no longer a child, but are not yet experienced in adult ways. College or university life may not be going smoothly. A job may be hard to find or keep. You may no longer be interested in the educational or career path you chose to pursue when in your teens. Relationships may seem hard to handle and parental expectations may appear impossible to achieve.
It may feel like everyone else is successful and moving forward and that you are falling farther and farther behind.
You don’t have to handle this difficult time by yourself. I would like to help.
I work help young adults with such issues as:
- Confidence, Self esteem and Body image
- Communication, Assertiveness and Social skills
- Disordered eating
- Emotional regulation
- Family dynamics
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions (separation and divorce, remarriage, step families, blended families, adoption, moving, new jobs, new schools, living with illness, care giving, infertility, pregnancy and life with a new baby)
- Making and keeping friends
- Questioning sexuality and sexual identity
- Resiliency and bouncing back when things go wrong
- Resolving conflicts (family/peer)
- Relationship difficulties (family/peer)
- School/Work/Social/Family/Life balance
- Handling stress (including coping with the pressures of family and parental expectations)
- Study skills and school related issues (improving organization, note taking, studying, test and exam completion; academic counselling, educational advocacy and navigation of the secondary and post secondary educational system)