Are you feeling at a loss about what to do or how to handle situations involving your child or children?
You are not alone.
Most of us want to be good parents and want to raise great kids who are happy and successful. But sometimes, things don’t go as we expect, and we feel like we just don’t know what to do. Parenting is not easy: children, teens, blended families, even adult children don’t come with instruction manuals. As children grow and develop, their parenting needs change.
Sometimes they present with difficulties and conditions beyond our expertise. As children venture out into the world beyond the family, they encounter difficulties. This can be challenging to both the young people and their parents.
I help parents with such issues as:
- Improving communication with your child or adolescent
- Understanding children’s developmental changes and needs
- Developing parenting styles to suit your child or children’s needs
- Helping your child develop resilience, independence and self esteem
- Instilling the values you want your children to have
- Parenting when your child has special needs
- Managing unique circumstances that your child has encountered
- Working through struggles that are developing in your relationships with your children, no matter how old they are
- Learning appropriate and effective disciplining strategies
- Balancing teens’ desires for independence with parents’ concerns for safety
- Parenting in a foreign culture
- Resolving conflicts that may be arising with your partner because of your differing parenting styles, values, priorities, and childhood experiences